Mickey L. Washington is a native of Port Arthur and Beaumont, Texas. He is the founder of Washington & Associates, PLLC, a law firm with core values in commitment, excellence and integrity drive success. Mr. Washington handles personal injury litigation, labor and employment litigation; and business law matters. He also represents clients in all types of claims that may be asserted between businesses and individuals, including complex contractual disputes, commercial matters, and collection and transactional issues. Prior to forming Washington & Associates, PLLC, Mr. Washington practiced with Taylor, Davis & Ernster, P.C., where he represented clients in commercial litigation, mass tort and personal injury cases.
Mr. Washington has served on the Executive Board for the National Football League Players Association since 2011 and was elected to serve as Chairman for National Football Players Association (NFLPA) in 2016. In his previous career, Mr. Washington was a professional football player in the National Football League (NFL), where he served as a Union Representative for four years of his eight years as a professional football player.
- Represented a construction development company in obtaining a $20 million contract with the City of Houston.
- Represent major energy company in commercial, labor/union employment and collection, transactional matters.
- Represented a food and beverage company in obtaining a $6.4 million expansion loan.
- Represented a healthcare company in setting aside a $3.4 million default judgment.
- Restructured company with over 18 subsidiaries.
- Negotiated and drafted numerous partnerships and joint venture agreements.
- Negotiated and litigated franchise agreements.
- Negotiated significant settlements in numerous employment matters.
- Represented over 130 plaintiffs in civil rights, racial profiling and false imprisonment cases.
- Represented over 350 plaintiffs in mass tort litigation.
- Represented over 80 plaintiffs in class action lawsuit.
NFLPA Former Players Board member Mickey Washington was elected by the Chapter Presidents to serve alongside Board Chairman Cornelius Bennett on [...]
Honors and Awards
- 2016 – Elected Chairman for the National Football League Players Association
- 2011 – to present National Board of Directors for NFLPA Former Players
- 2011 to 2015 – NFLPA Former Players Houston Chapter President
- 2015 – Outstanding Distinguished Community Service Award by Humble Intercontinental Chapter of Top Ladies of Distinction
- 2014 – Associate Judge of the County Court of Jefferson County
- 2014 – to Present Advisory Board Member Harvard University Football Players Health Study
- 2012 – Texas Rules of Court Committee
- 2010 – Leadership State Bar of Texas
- 2008 – Matthew W. Plummer, Sr. Justice Award by the Houston Lawyers Association
- 2007 – Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star (a Thomson Reuter service)
- 2006 – U. S. Congressional Certificate
- 1996 – Unsung Hero Award by NFL
- 1993 – Starting Cornerback for Buffalo Bills in Superbowl XXVIII
Admitted to Practice
- All Courts in the states of Texas and Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Harris County Bar Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas State Bar Rules of Court Committee
- State of Mississippi Bar Association
- National Football League Retired Players Association Board of Directors
- Americans for Justice Association
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association Houston Chapter
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law; Juris Doctor 2002, Law Review
- Texas A&M University, Bachelor in Social Sociology
- Mediator Certification
Articles & Speaking Appearances
- Speaker: Panelist, NABA “Business Law in the Sports World”
- Article: Three Part Article, “Tort Reform: What Does It Really Mean?”, The Port Arthur Community Chronicle, October 2004
- Speaker: Labor and Employment Law Issues, NAACP Clinic, May 2010
- Speaker: Business Law Discussion, NAACP Community Development Program, April 2011
- Speaker: Labor and Employment Practices, Interviewing and Hiring Aspect, South Texas School of Law, April 2012
- Speaker: Presenter: “Are You Ready for Some Football”, The Nuts and Bolts of the NFL Lockout, March 2012
- Speaker: NFL Concussion Litigation, Panelist on the television show Counselor911, August 2012
- Moderator: Endzone Luncheon Series, 2015